Deckhand Co-Op (TO-832B7)
Found in: Neuvoo
The largest cruise line in the United States, is adding a Deckhand Co-Op to our shipboard team as we gear up for the busiest part of our operating season on America’s rivers. Our shipboard team supports a fleet of ships sailing through various different itineraries across the nation.
This is a shipboard position that will have you travelling around the country. It is a great opportunity for someone interested in launching a career in the maritime or hospitality industry. We provide training and no previous cruise ship experience is necessary. We have a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for personalized service. Deckhands are directly involved with the operation of the ship and have high level of guest interaction. In order to ensure that we provide the best customer service to our guests, Deckhands will work closely with other hotel crew members.
- Earn Money
- Minimal Expenses – your living expenses are all covered while onboard. It’s a dormitory-style environment.
- Travel the Country - We visit 30 states on our different cruises and travel through the most beautiful areas in our country.
- Maritime and Hospitality Experience – This is a strong foundation for a career in the hospitality industry and a way to build your sea time for a license.
- Upward Mobility – After your rotation, you may apply for full time roles in either shipboard management or corporate positions.
- Assist the Captain and Mate in the maneuvering and steering of the vessel
- Participate in docking operations including handling lines, gangways, anchors, etc.
- Standing watches: gangway and deck watch which include security, maintenance, and passenger assistance duties
- Loading and unloading passenger luggage, ship stores, etc.
- Maintenance of the ships which includes painting and cleaning the docks and public areas
- Lifting lines and other heavy objects
- Maintain excellent customer service and positive attitude toward all guests and crew members
- Various additional duties relating to the navigation and handling of the ship
3 days ago
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Seamax International Cruise Ship Employment Services