Vendor Advisor, Loblaw (TO-DF792)
Found in: Jooble
Job Address:1425 The Queensway, Etobicoke, Ontario, M8Z 1T3
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives, breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 38 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
The Vendor Advisor, Loblaw, will be primarily responsible for analyzing data and providing unbiased insights and recommendations externally to Loblaw Companies Ltd., to optimize total category performance.
The incumbent will drive analytic solutions while providing expert category knowledge on performance, innovation, market insights and trends leveraging both POS and consumer data.
Based out of our Queensway office in Etobicoke and reporting into the Director of Customer Category Management and Trade Marketing, it’s a great opportunity for a technically gifted analytical leader with the intellectual horsepower to drive insights-based thinking and actions.
- Provide expert category knowledge on performance, innovation, market insights, trends and consumer data
- Creates on-going reporting to track performance across all Weston categories and Loblaw banners, to track and interpret performance while drawing insights and present critical findings from the data to Loblaw Companies Ltd.
- Works closely and builds trusted relationships with external Loblaw Companies Ltd. team, to make objective recommendations
- Identifies assortment opportunities, shelf allocations and adjacency recommendations of planograms
- Provide ad-hoc historical assessment of Flyer/Ad Activity and promotional item recommendations to identify opportunities to drive category performance, including loyalty programs
- Provide post mortems and tracking of Loblaw’s promotional and seasonal programs
- Oversees the analytic POS platform PRECIMA, while maximizing utility and advanced analytics
- Timely turn-around time and bandwidth to support ad hoc analysis requests
- A dedicated resource to Loblaw Companies Ltd.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Strengths:
- Proven experience (at least 5 years) in a previous analytics-driven or data science role
- A high-level expert in all Microsoft Office Suite tools, particularly Excel
- Strong proficiency to pull data within PRECIMA, Nielsen POS platforms and Numerator
- Proficiency in JDA an asset though not required
- Working knowledge of the CPG industry and the North American retail landscape
- Superb communication skills with an intrinsic ability to distill vast amounts of data into critical business insights
- An incredible attention to detail, especially as it relates to data accuracy
- Previous experience in presenting complex analytics to a senior level audience
- Proven expertise in building user-friendly tools and reports that help bring data to life
- Embrace our corporate values of integrity, commitment, respect, courage and growth
Bachelor’s Degree Required
English; additional languages an advantage
10% - local
Analytics, Data Science, Reporting, Data, CPG, Retail, Sales Strategy, Category, Sales,Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us. Weston s'engage à promouvoir un environnement de travail avec des valeurs fortes qui favorisent la diversité à travers divers politiques, programmes et activités qui encouragent la sensibilité et les accommodements. Weston offre du travail sans égard à l’ethnie, la couleur de la peau, le sexe, l’origine, la religion, l’âge, le handicap ou l’orientation sexuelle. La diversité est une partie intégrante de notre succès en tant qu’entreprise et nous allons utiliser la diversité comme modèle pour aider à identifier et à développer les meilleurs talents, pour créer des équipes efficaces et pour atteindre une excellence globale. En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Number of openings:1
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
2 days ago
Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada